calling all dectalk users

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu May 14 15:48:25 EDT 2020

Hi Karen,

Slint is not provided as a live CD, sorry.

But you still can start the installer without actually installing (not
touching any drive) to at least check that you do have speech after the
installer has started.

Instructions for installation are here:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README.installation
But you just need to download the ISO:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/iso/slint64-14.2.1.2.iso
The associated md5 checksum allow to check the integrity of the ISO!
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/iso/slint64-14.2.1.2.iso.sha256sum
then write it on DVD or an USB stick.

Information about Slint accessibility:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/Accessibility/Accessibility
Read just the part A Installation.

Indeed plug in and switch on the synthesizer before booting the installer!

If you don't want to actually install don't go further than logging in
when asked to.

I'd be interested to know if your DecTalk worked. If it did you
shouldn't have any issue using it in an installed Slint system.

Cheers,
Didier