help with slackware boot floppies

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Wed Aug 3 23:18:53 EDT 2005

It is: ramdisk speakup_synth=synthname
You do not need anything but the boot disk and the root disks to get a
start on your system.  These disks load a very minimal system which
was designed mainly to set up your hard drive(s) and install Slackware
Linux from either a subdirectory, network, or CDROM set.  The floppies
include a basic set of tools which can let you do some things on your
system, but the capabilities are of course somewhat limited (it's only
a few floppies of software, after all).  HTH, and have a _great_ day!