possible sollution

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Sun May 19 00:14:16 EDT 2002

Yes I thought the same but I've discovered that  I can't install Linux by
myself, without sighted help, especially if I don't know  too many things
about Linux.
In Windows, even  somebody don't know too many things, they could press the
"next" button and the system will be installed.
A friend installed me Red Hat, and there were some errors when trying to
install it. He solved the problem, but he also read me those errors and they
were criptical for me.

What I don't like under Linux is that there is no help for newbies.
The people that know very much don't want to lose their times to teach
others.
They simply point to a web site, and that's all.
Well, I am not online all the time because I am on dial up.
The other manuals are only text format, and I should read a lot just to  get
the information I want.

I know, linux is very easy to use if you stay and read manuals for a few
months, but it is not my style of learning.

I like the trial and fail by example way of learning.

This is not very easy under Linux because I don't see any error message
telling me what's wrong.

I can see "segmentation fault" and I don't know what can I do to solve it...
It is the same with the error messages from the log files.
They tell more than the error messages from under Windows, I think, but I
should learn by manual and it is not my style.

I've tried learning from some lists, and almost all the help was "go to
http:// ....
I think you've got the idea.

Well, I've made some lists on Yahoogroups for the blind and I really try to
help the people telling them step by step how to do some things, but Linux
people don't have the time.

Even that friend that installed me Linux told me that if he sees some stupid
questions on a list, he doesn't answer because he loses his time.
Well, he is right, but if the people who don't know can't find help from the
people who know, then why joining a list?
Just for pointing to a web page?
I know to search with Google and I can find a lot of information about
Linux, but  it will take me a lot of time to find what I could find with a
single question and answer.

I have a lot of books about Linux and Unix but I don't have the time to read
them all.

With my way of learning, I've learned a lot of things for Windows, but is
very hard to follow this way under Linux.

Maybe I should change my way ... If I can.

Teddy,
orasnita at home.ro