Extended ASCII Characters

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Thu Apr 11 03:37:00 EDT 2013

Ok, I think I'm seeing what you're talking about when dealing with
dialogues when running dpkg-configure (and a few other infrequent
progs I don't recall right now), but I'm not seeing them in
mutt/less/lynx the cat (which I believe are using ncurses). I'm using
UTF-8 here too. I guess this hasn't been bad enough to bother me, so I
never searched for a solution. I realize this probably doesn't help
you much. I figured I'd respond though, since nobody else has done
that so far, and you are clearly getting very frustrated, and with
good reason. I wish I could help more!

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net