queueing mail and sending it from another computer

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Feb 8 14:22:53 EST 2005

This shouldn't be a problem. Your smtp agent should simply queue until
such time as your connected. If you need to do this by hand, you should
be able to write the entire message, then postpone it's mailing until
you're connected.

So, there are two suggestions for you.

My mta agent is sendmail, and it happily accepts email it can't deliver
yet, for example when I'm on an airplane. And, when next I'm connected,
it happily sends it off. If I need to push it, I simply do:

sendmail -q0

Also, if for some reason, I decide I'm not quite done with a message I'm
writing in mutt, I simply P postpone it. I know pine also does that.

So, I don't know if this helps you, but what you're asking for is a very
common requirement of road warriors.