module autoloading in slackware 8.1, was: Re: speakup.i SCSI problems

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon Dec 30 13:30:21 EST 2002

Thanks, but I know all about that.

What I want to have happen is to be able to boot using loadlin, and have the system on the zipdisk mounted. Since the 2 modules I need for this are modules, and not in the kernel, I currently cannot mount the fs on the zipdisk, unless there is a way to auto load those 2 modules before the kernel tries to mount the root fs.

Greg