RH 7.2 (was: Re: Speakup commands )

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Nov 5 09:19:06 EST 2001

Hi:

First, there most certainly is screen review during the installation
process, but you have to select the speakup keymap to get it. In other
words, do not select U.S. when prompted to select a keymap. Though it is
the default choice, it's the wrong answer.

Re disk partitioning, it's well and good to create your partitions with
fdisk or some utility other than diskdruid. But, you will need to label at
least / and /usr, and I think diskdruid is the only do do that.

So, highlight the partition you want to label and select edit. This will
drop you into an edit field and you can specify the mount point.
 On Sun, 4
Nov 2001, Tony Baechler wrote:

> Hello.  I attempted to install Red Hat 7.2, just for the experience.  I
> noticed that Speakup would not read the screen by itself when new text
> appeared, I had to hit the read entire screen key on the numeric keypad.
> Anyway, how am I supposed to tell it where to install?  I already have the
> partitions set up the way I want.  I do not want automatic partitioning.
> I went into the command line fdisk and set up everything, but it seems to
> not let me select my newly created partition to install.  I can highlight
> it easily enough, but it insists on making me go through the dialogues.
> When I think I have it, it complains that there is no root filesystem.
> What should I be doing in the dialogues?  What am I doing wrong?

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp