Flushing issue (was: So, where'd the volume controls get to?)

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Sat Oct 10 19:17:42 EDT 2020

Hahahahah, now that's fast! Unfortunately I can't type that fast. In
fact, if I just hold down the previous-lineor next-line keys it still
reads bits of the screen as it's going up or down. I tried to type
fast enough to not get any speech but couldn't do it. It almost speaks
immediately when I press the key or fast enough I can't tell the
difference.

The version of espeakup I use is 0.8 from 2008 and the libespeak
library as reported by ldd is:

libespeak.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libespeak.so.1 (0x00007f6298

I'd be happy to use a newer version if I could find one that works
well. I give the new versions a chance with every new version but
nothing yet. If someone else can point me to a version that works I'd
be happy to try that also. I haven't heard complaints from anyone else
though so maybe it's me being silly. It's hard to believe that I
review faster than anyone else so maybe I am silly.