Flushing issue (was: So, where'd the volume controls get to?)

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Oct 10 19:53:55 EDT 2020

Kirk Reiser, le sam. 10 oct. 2020 19:17:42 -0400, a ecrit:
> In fact, if I just hold down the previous-lineor next-line keys it
> still reads bits of the screen as it's going up or down. I tried to
> type fast enough to not get any speech but couldn't do it. It almost
> speaks immediately when I press the key or fast enough I can't tell
> the difference.

Ok but isn't it getting interrupted by the next key press also very
fast?

Making the rate to 9 and running less on a long text, then keeping the
down key pressed, I do get gibberish speech indeed, since it basically
tries to speak the first words of each line very fast before the next
key press switches to the next line. But what else would be expected?

> the libespeak library as reported by ldd is:
>
> libespeak.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libespeak.so.1 (0x00007f6298

That is not precise enough, that has never changed since the espeak
times. The last version of espeak-ng I'm aware of is 1.50.

Samuel