So, where'd the volume controls get to?

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Fri Oct 9 11:19:01 EDT 2020

Hello Samuel et al: The latest version of speakup appears to have
replaced the volume controls with inflection controls. I don't really
have a problem with this if the volume controls have just been moved
to another key combination but I haven't been able to find where they
are now. I may also be out to lunch but I don't remember any
discussion about moving them or the reason for doing so here on the
list. Can someone clarify the situation for me please?

BTW, a lot of people use the volume controls so I hope they haven't
been arbitrarily removed.

IMO espeakup is still entirely brain dead so a lot of us still have to
use very old versions from back before espeak-en to get decent
performence. It's just an observation.

   Kirk