speakup on latest kernels

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Jan 30 15:22:33 EST 2020

On slint, I used espeak with speech-dispatcher on line out with no
problem.  However when I switched to a usb port for screen reading
espeak would run for a while and randomly crash.  I could run
speaker-test after that but couldn't start espeak again.  The reason for
switching to usb is according to a good friend output is more stable in
most cases than it is with line out.