DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Apr 17 15:37:14 EDT 2020

Hello,

Karen Lewellen wrote:
> there*must* be something uniform that allows caps [...] etc., available for
> *the user* to set and have those remain  constant, not to change at the
> whims of speakup.

That is *exactly* what I am talking about. Using speakupconf to
configure things nicely, and not having to do obscure echo to an obscure
/sys file.

Karen Lewellen wrote:
> If speakup lacks the option  after being around  for so long,

It doesn't lack it, it lets the synthesizer manage it. What is discussed
here is about tuning it, which I haven't heared being asked for before.

Karen Lewellen wrote:
> if that is not happening, you have problems.

Please avoid directing such kind of sentence at people who are actually
trying to find time to work on stuff, I don't see how that can be
helping in any way.

Karen Lewellen wrote:
> there should be guides both for Linux itself and speakup outside of
> the operating system,

There is a speakup guide on http://linux-speakup.org/spkguide.txt
of course it should be getting updated etc. somebody has to do it.
It just can not be me, since I'm not even remotely a user of speakup,
it'd be way simpler if it was real users who would work on it.

Samuel