DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu Apr 16 20:02:45 EDT 2020

Thanks Sam, I tried your exact echo suggestion but even with sudo  I get a
permission denied. I tried
sudo echo 250 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/pitch=113
In addition, since you seemingly have a DecTalk, I need to explain, its more of
a sing/Song delivery as words are spoken. I think I could manually change pitch
to 480, but as long as that enflection is set the way we explained, then I am
happy with 113, but would also like the rate to `stay at 229 and volume to
remain at 86 whether I reboot  or are arrowing through lines of text. But for an
unknown reason these values drop suddenly until I go to the insert pannel.
Unfortunately no1 has figured out a way to track or log what Speakup or this U S
B DecTalk are receiving when these drops occur. I hope short of my talking with
you live, that I am explaining these challenges. Thanks so much in advance
Chime