DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Apr 16 20:14:44 EDT 2020

Chime Hart, le jeu. 16 avril 2020 17:02:45 -0700, a ecrit:
> I tried
> sudo echo 250 > /sys/accessibility/speakup/dectlk/pitch=113

You need to know something: '>' is interpreted by your shell *before*
sudo takes effet. So that is indeed expected to fail, since you are
actually trying to open the file before switching to root. You have to
switch to root with sudo *before* using '>'

> In addition, since you seemingly have a DecTalk,

I don't, but I can look at what getting emitted to what would be a
dectalk.

> Unfortunately no1 has figured out a way to track or log what
> Speakup or this U S B DecTalk are receiving when these drops occur.

Very probably simply exactly the commands that tell the dectalk to reset
the default values. Simply because it's speakup which happens to set
them when it needs to change them temporarily to render caps etc.

Samuel