DecTalk Settings from Within Speakup?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Apr 15 04:57:52 EDT 2020

Thanks Greg. Running sudo speakupconf save  didn't ruin my settings, however,
once I ran it with load, the pitch still went to 122 and my inflection setting
was knocked out. By the way that is a command sent to the dectalk, has little or
nothing to do with Speakup. So that command
echo "[:dv pr 250]" >> /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct
sets a parameter in the DecTalk which provides more inflection. Sure I know I
can increase the pitch all the way to 350 in Speakup.
And lastly, we modified the charactors file, so when I type the number 9  it
would say niner. And other similar changes, but running that load command knocks
that out-and-resets to the defalts. By running my "rd" alias, it coppies the
charactors file back in to use. Thanks for your guidance.
Chime