Espeakup and Speech-Dispatcher-git--Fighting again?

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Mon Mar 25 20:22:27 EDT 2019

Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> writes:

> Sounds like I should perhaps go back to release espeakup, but also edit
> my systemd script?

Yes to both.  I think the proper way to change a systemd script is to
copy it to /etc/systemd/system and edit the copy, so it doesn't get
clobbered.  Systemd has some sort of drop-in mechanism now that may let
you get away with not editing the script at all.

> PS: It's helpful to hear you're able to validate my issue.

Indeed.  With a known good version and a known bad version it'll be
easier to track down.

-- Chris