command line email clients and gmail.com

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:14:48 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

On my archlinux system with its command line  environment, I have three
email clients able to send mail directly to my gmail smtp server at
port 587.

1. mutt with msmtp.

2. alpine

3. edbrowse.

All three methods work only when my google account  security settings
have enabled something called "Allow access by less secure apps.

Recently I have been asked by google to disable that feature for
security reasons, but doing so prevents my outgoing mail from being
accepted by smtp.gmail.com.

Anybody else able to use  gmail.com with that security feature
disabled, as google advises?  Suggestions appreciated.

Chuck

--
Here too, In Northeast Ohio, The Moon is Waning Crescent (11% of Full)
When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.