Configuring DecTalk Speech in Debian9?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Jan 12 10:32:13 EST 2018

Well, I don't think I've seen any action here in a while? I would `love to
switch back to Debian from Ubuntu. Last year, among David, Tony Baechler, and
Okash, there were modifications posted, mostly speakup staging. At 1 point Tony
posted a link to some dot deb files to enable speech, especially with a DecTalk.
Well, Tony seems to have disappeared, but maybe some1 can please inform the best
way of installing a more modern Speakup with a 64bit Debian9? In Ubuntu, I am
still left with the same anoyances, involving sudden pitch, rate, and volume
drops. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance
Chime