The unicode support

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 5 09:06:14 EST 2018

Hi, Samuel:

Didn't just work for me per instructions after a pacaur build of
espeakup-git.

The speakup-git install script prints out:
"# You can set voice preferences in /home/user/.speakup/espeakup
# For example, to set to us english
# default_voice=en-us"

It transpired that there was no $HOME/.speakup directory on my system.
Once I created it, and the espeakup file with the default lang
designation as per the instructions, a systemctl restart espeakup got
things going.

Perhaps the script could check for the directory and create a meaningful
defult if none currently exists?

Also, I'm noting this espeakup doesn't appear to be playing nice with
alsa dmix. No other audio output can get at the device espeakup is
using. This is a new issue for me.

Thanks for all your continuing wonderful support of Speakup!

Janina