bns indexing, was: Re: DecTalk External (decext) testers wanted!

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 1 16:59:39 EDT 2017

Hello,

Gregory Nowak, on lun. 01 mai 2017 13:46:25 -0700, wrote:
> I thought there was only one form of indexing, and that we're talking
> about the same one. Here's the relevant excerpt from the bns user's
> manual:

Ok, it indeed looks very much like this is talking about exactly the
same thing, sorry :)

>           -    Index marker - Control f.
>           -    Silence command - Control x."
>
> I gather from the above that ctrl+f is something the computer sends to
> the bns, not the other way around.

It looks so indeed.  That however however does not really explain how
the computer gets the index from the synthesizer.

The indexing support has never been implemented in the speakup_bns
driver, anyway.  Perhaps you would be able to get more information on
this bns feature to be able to implement something in speakup?

Samuel