DecTalk External (decext) testers wanted!

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Jun 4 08:34:37 EDT 2017

Hi.  Well, the speakup-r functionality is working much better now --
that is great.  I am now using this as my regular speakup for the time
being.

Now, if we could get Dav Borowski's patches with this i/o, we would
really have something!!  He has some really nice modsto speakup which
I have been testing for a while now.

Thanks Okash.

On Mon, 15 May 2017 13:10:15 -0400,
Okash Khawaja wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the feedback, that's good to know. I'll look into speakup-r
> issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Okash
>

> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 05:49:13AM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> > Well, we have progress, not quite there yet.  Now, speakup shuts up as
> > its supposed to when I hit the enter key on the numpad, but the
> > speakup-r command still does not stop at the cursor -- its about 20
> > lines below where it should be.  I did not test further than checking
> > that.
> >
> > Thanks and keep up the good work.
> >
> > On Mon, 08 May 2017 07:43:06 -0400,
> > Okash Khawaja wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have updated speakup2.tgz so that it ensures hardware flow control is enabled, which is the latest patch.
> > >
> > > Please download it from https://github.com/bytefire/speakup-decext
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Okash

> > --
> > Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
> > How do
> > you spend it?
> >
> >          John Covici
> >          covici at ccs.covici.com