Enabling Speakup in Vinux?

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Tue Sep 20 00:17:18 EDT 2016

Larry,
It also occurred to me that perhaps Vinux is not the best choice, if you
don't want a GUI environment.
As that is the distinction of most distros, is the GUI.
I think you can get just Debian core, without a GUI, which is what you would
be left with if you removed Gnome Desktop from Vinux.
Actually, I'm not sure now if it is Debian or Arch underneath the Gnome
Desktop.
There is Talking Arch out there, which would give you the CLI if that is
what you prefer.
One nice thing about a GUI is that it makes connecting to hotspots easy, and
it is also easier to find the packages that are already installed.

Glenn