[DNG] Devuan Minimal Live Images -- new version

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Thu May 26 21:07:56 EDT 2016

> On May 26, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Gregory Nowak <greg at gregn.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for that suggestion. Yes, it would be nice if isolinux was more
> flexible. I also wasn't aware that some machines had their pc speaker
> disabled by default. We can only do so much as far as that goes. As
> for starting speakup automatically, I didn't think that was a good
> idea. What if the user wants to use a hardware synth (once those work
> again), instead of software speech? I personally like the approach
> that grml takes these days, let the user start speakup in whatever way
> the user wants, software or hardware speech. What if the user doesn't
> want speakup, but wants brltty or yasr instead

One thing which should be addressed is multiple sound cards. My current HP laptop has (what also thinks of), as two, since there’s a digital HDMI port. Often, I’d boot a bistro only to find no sound because the HDMI grabbed card0.

Talking ArchLinux has a decent solution to this, but I’ve never seen anything like it employed for other distros.