Fedora23 workstation install

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed May 18 10:06:01 EDT 2016

Orca's "sticky mode" keeps you in a text edit field until you expressly
leave it, e.g. by tabbing out.

This can be very useful in those situations where beginning to type
actually takes you out of the edit field because of the way the
underlying code was written.

An example is the password entry field when logging into Last Pass.

I've no idea whether your problems using the Fedora screens are related,
but it sure sounds like they could be at least part of the problem.

Yes, it's a good command to know and use. Orca+A twice in succession,
and Orca will say "Focus mode is sticky."

PS: Glad to hear you were successful with the install, though you're
also confirming what we've known for sometime about the Fedora
installer.

I'll have to try it myself the next time I need to do a fresh install on
some machine.

hth

Janina