mail server setup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jan 11 14:43:37 EST 2016

Hi,

I've got my crm set up via my personal ~/.procmailrc . It can also be
setup system wide, however I haven't needed that recently.

The crm home page does discuss site wide deployment:
http://crm114.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php

I note one can even use it with Spamassassin. I didn't go that way. I
dropped Spamassassin because it was spawning far too many processes that
were absorbing far too much of my available system resources, so that
other tasks on my server were suffering.

Am I completely happy with the results? No. I still get too many false
positives and consequently still need to look at my spam folder from
time to time. I've white-listed many more email sources than I would
have expected.

However, I see no more than a dozen or so emails in my inbox daily, and
that's a big improvement over what I was getting from Spamassassin.

hth

Janina