Why I can't recommend Arch or Gentoo

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:01:05 EDT 2015

TalkingArch won't be able to provide a graphical desktop on the live
image, as Arch itself doesn't provide one. That said, it is indeed
possible to make such a live image that would include the GNOME or MATE
packages necessary to have a running desktop at boot time, and it could
even be made to talk easily. As a matter of fact, someone did release
an Arch-MATE iso I think about a year ago that did exactly this. It
came up with a running MATE desktop, but also included the Arch install
scripts for installing a real Arch system onto any hard disk or USB
drive. I don't think this ever left the testing phase however. It does
seem like a good idea for something to have fun trying.
Sent from my laughing gas