Fwd: Talking Arch has no speech

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Sep 22 04:32:38 EDT 2015

Here, for the record, is the message I sent to the support address for
Talking Arch.  I did solve the asound.state problem by reading the man page,
but as you can see, I did offer to help.  In retrospect, I should have made
my interest clearer.  What I didn't state outright is that I would be
willing to test later CD releases to make sure the problems have been
resolved.  I did offer to send my amixer output and my asound.state.  This
is one case where a public mailing list to discuss these types of problems
is really beneficial.  Even though there aren't many Debian developers
working on accessibility, there is a public mailing list.  I intend to set
up such a list for my live rescue CD.