GRML and Speakup

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sun Oct 4 12:48:54 EDT 2015

There is really nothing to join. It's not like there are dues or
anything. We have both a mediawiki wiki and a wordpress blog. I don't
know anything about posting files with either mediawiki or wordpress
although I'm sure it can be done. I would think having either a wiki
page or a blog would be important regardless of how the upload is done.
When people ask about a talking version of debian, you'd point them to
the wiki or to your blog.

You know what might be cool would be for me to set you up as a blogger
and you could write a debian accessibility blog.  Possible topics could
be your own talking distro, the grub-init-tune script I wrote, and
patching a kernel for speakup. I can help you with ideas for topics and
with the technical stuff. Not to say you need technical help but I could
make it so at least some of your blog posts didn't take a whole lot of
work on your part. I'm sure the people on this list would help too.

I can give you ssh access and create a blog for you.  Or you can just
sign up at the wiki yourself. I think if you really want to do it right,
what you might want to do is write a blog at www.iavit.org and post the
downloads at sourceforge or someplace.  I used to have a sourceforge
account but they broke accessibility for a short time years ago and I
haven't been back since. But it seems a lot of people post their files
there. Must be something to it.