Announcing live CD test 5

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Nov 28 05:21:08 EST 2015

Hi all,

I've now completely rebuilt the BATS talking live CD.  It's now based on
Ubuntu 15.10 Wily.  It's still 64-bit only, but a 32-bit release will happen
soon.  I already have the 32-bit core image downloaded; it's just a matter
of installing the packages.  Please test thoroughly and let me know what
does and doesn't work.  It's running kernel 4.2 and should have the same
packages as the previous release except Network Manager.  I especially need
people to test the wireless support.  It should have UEFI support, but I
have no way to test it.  It shouldn't matter on a live CD though.  Here is
the download link and login information:

http://classicradio.us/iso/livetest5.iso

Username: user
Password: user

Username: root
Password: root

Eventually I hope to get automatic logins working and to not require
passwords, but since this is still a test release, I'm not worrying about it
yet.  Work still needs to be done with kernel messages and brltty, but it
does come up talking in KVM.  Please let me know of any missing packages and
things you want added, keeping in mind that space is limited.  Thanks.

--
Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:bats at batsupport.com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310  Fax/SMS: 1-619-627-1696