Announcing live CD test 5

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Sat Nov 28 14:16:03 EST 2015

Tony,

What is BATS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Baechler [mailto:tony at baechler.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:21 AM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Announcing live CD test 5

Hi all,

I've now completely rebuilt the BATS talking live CD.  It's now based on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily.  It's still 64-bit only, but a 32-bit release will happen soon.  I already have the 32-bit core image downloaded; it's just a matter of installing the packages.  Please test thoroughly and let me know what does and doesn't work.  It's running kernel 4.2 and should have the same packages as the previous release except Network Manager.  I especially need people to test the wireless support.  It should have UEFI support, but I have no way to test it.  It shouldn't matter on a live CD though.  Here is the download link and login information:

http://classicradio.us/iso/livetest5.iso

Username: user
Password: user

Username: root
Password: root

Eventually I hope to get automatic logins working and to not require passwords, but since this is still a test release, I'm not worrying about it yet.  Work still needs to be done with kernel messages and brltty, but it does come up talking in KVM.  Please let me know of any missing packages and things you want added, keeping in mind that space is limited.  Thanks.

--
Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:bats at batsupport.com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310  Fax/SMS: 1-619-627-1696