Scanning

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Wed Nov 4 21:39:14 EST 2015

Cheryl Homiak <cah4110 at icloud.com> writes:

> If anybody onlist does scanning with a flatbed scanner on linux, could
> you tell me what you are using.

Hi Cheryl,
I do scanning on Linux all the time.
My scanner is a CanoScan lide 100.  I use a tool named scanimage.  It is
part of the sane package, or maybe the sane-backends package.  I think
the package name may vary by distro.
In order to scan on Linux, you'll need to add your user to the scanner
group first.
I don't know what the differences are between the lide 100 and the lide
110, but sane's compatibility page claims that the lide 110 is fully
supported.
If you need any further help debugging, feel free to contact me
off-list, and I'll be happy to help.

-- Chris