Scanning

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Tue Nov 3 13:27:47 EST 2015

If anybody onlist does scanning with a flatbed scanner on linux, could you tell me what you are using. I have a Canon lide 110. I had scanning set up with my lide60 a few years ago but am not sure how to do it now. I know this sounds superfluous since I can do these things on my Mac with the gui but I don't like to have all my eggs in one basket. If something happens to my Mac, I want to not be left high and dry. I actually think I could run tesseract on my Mac in terminal as well as in linux but it looks like a lot of compiling and I recently decided to see if I could manage all right without extra package managers like homebrew and macports.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart