Introduction of my project

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Mon Nov 2 21:15:38 EST 2015

Bonjour, Jean-Philippe.

Your project is an excellent one. I have found that MATE is easier on RAM
and system resources than GNOME but has many of the features of old GNOME
2.0 that many of us liked.

There was a bad problem a while ago that crippled espeak when ORCA had been
started in X-Windows session, but I have heard that it has been fixed. My
work around is to use speakup and speechd-up with speech-dispatcher on
console command line and use the magnifier alone in X Windows.

I have not tested to see if it is now possible to run ORCA and console TTS.

Best wishes,

David