Debian upgrade to Jessie

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue May 19 13:45:51 EDT 2015

	hello John.  In general, I agree with you.  I doubt there's a machine
that's really too slow to run software speech.  However, having said that,
I have a pentium II which runs at 233MHZ and has 128MB of RAM.  It runs
software speech just fine, running eflite.  However, It's not particularly
fun to use because the latency is too long.  It's hard to get it to stop
talking and get it to restart on a dime and so using it is a bit slow.
It's perfectly functional, but, as I say, not fun to use.  As a digital
recording device, however, it's beautiful and I've used it to capture the
audio at 8 California state conventions now.
-thanks
-Brian