Looking for accessible web host and domain registration

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue May 12 08:13:10 EDT 2015

Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net> wrote:
> The subject summarizes my question.  Is there such a thing as a web host or
> domain registrar which actually works with Lynx or some other text browser?
>  My current domain registrar isn't particularly easy to use even with
> Firefox and I thought it would be nice to actually be able to manage my
> domains from the console.

My domain is hosted by http://www.gandi.net/

My DNS records, Internet telephony system, mail server and Web server are all
on a virtual machine hosted by http://www.linode.com/ which offers a choice of
Linux distribution. In addition to having root access to the virtual machine
over ssh, you can manage it over an ssh connection, for example to reboot it,
check its status, access the console when networking isn't functional, etc.

This works very well and fits within my budget, but it all depends on how much
you'll use it and whether it's worth the cost - economic rationality and
utility has its place sometimes.