Whonix/Tails

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Sun Jul 12 09:05:21 EDT 2015

Hi Tony,

This is indeed the problem in Manjaro Linux.  I switched to "pure" Arch
with Antergos (easier and faster to install) and the problem still exists.
Vinux users are reporting the problem also.

It seems as soon as the ORCA starts speaking, speakup dies.  Systemctl
reports espeakup is running.

But no speech in console until I reboot.

As I said this seems to be for Vinux based on Ubuntu, Arch/Antergos/Manjaro.

Best wishes,

David