Announcing 32-bit test live CD

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Dec 15 06:14:58 EST 2015

On 12/14/2015 8:19 PM, Tom Fowle wrote:
> Tony,
> O.K. actually what I did really want to know is the odds of a jessie upgrade
> working with the DTLK, and it looks like maybe not. So we havn't waisted our
> time. I may hunt up a second HD and do a regular jessie install on it see if
> can make that work with the dtlk.

No, you can't determine anything about Jessie based on the CD.  It's based
on Ubuntu Wily and doesn't include Debian packages.  It is custom built from
the Ubuntu core image.  As already mentioned, Ubuntu does weird things with
brltty and I turned off serial detection, so you can't go by that either.
The kernel which ships with Wily is not that which ships with Jessie.  It's
possible that you won't have any problems with Jessie.  The best thing is
install on a different drive or make a full backup and upgrade.  I kept my
old kernel and everything works fine here except udev.