Talking Arch Linux Installer

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Apr 16 15:15:47 EDT 2015

That tutorial by the way has you doing all of the extra steps to get arch
talking so it talks when you do the reboot.  Much nicer than doing things
after a silent reboot.  If you're going to be using talkingarch in console
mode only, you will find it helpful to modify /etc/default/grub/grub.cfg
to disable graphical input and graphical output and enable console input
and enable console output.  Failure to do so will prevent pcspkr from
beeping when you get back to the beginning of a line.  Once that's done
though and you have pcspkr running that suddenly works.  I stumbled on all
of this in process of modifying my GRUBINITTUNE and decided to have a read
through grub.cfg to see what was there and what could be modified to suit
my needs.

-- Twitter: JudeDaShiell