Attention John Heim, About your Custome Kernel?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 11 13:52:03 EST 2014

I really cannot provide telephone support. But you don't need phone
support to install a kernel.  You'll be alright if you just make sure
your system beeps or better yet, plays a tune, when the grub menu
appears. Did you configure that?

If you make grub make some noise when it displays it's menu, then you
can easily fall back to your old kernel if the new one does not work.

PS: I told you yesterday that I can't even get to building the kernel
until the weekend.  Actually, I did find a 32-bit machine to build it on
so I don't have to put together a virtual machine. But I don't know
where you got the idea that I'd have your kernel by Thursday.