Attention John Heim, About your Custome Kernel?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:36:22 EST 2014

Well, if I understand your question, yes, the bug in the linux kernel
that keeps many serial hardware speech synthesizers from working is not
likely to be fixed any time soon.

I can post a debian deb package that you will be able to install via the
dpkg command. Actually, I can probably create a debian archive so you
can add a line to your  sources.list and install it via apt-get.

Now that I think about it, I think I have a 32 -bit debian stable
machine at home. It's pretty cool actually. It has an old ISA speech
synth and a SCSI flatbed scanner. Essentially, it's my document reader.
Well, anyway, I think I can compile a 32-bit kernel on there tonight or
tomorrow.