Speakup Kernel and Orca Getting Colder.

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed May 29 16:07:46 EDT 2013

Sadly, I am also getting no speech from Orca on my newly installed
Wheezy VM. It chatters away about services starting up, and even goes so
far as to tell me that espeakup failed, even though it's obviously
talking. I can see enough to know that an old-style, mostly white login
window has appeared, and it goes away after I enter my username and
password, but pressing alt-f2 and typing orca does nothing. I see that a
window pops up and goes away, which I take to be the Orca splash screen
from 3.4 I believe, but nothing further happens and I hear nothing. I am
able to use Speakup on this system, but there appears to be some sort of
bug related to sound in the graphical environment. I'll keep trying and
will post something if/when I have more information.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"