database software

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Sun May 12 18:22:14 EDT 2013

Greg,

What you probably need is sqlite.

sqlite is a totally free public domain database engine.  It is used in
probably more devices than any other rdbms, because it is present in
practically every embedded device.  Mobile phones, tablets and media
centres.

If you install Python, you will get sqlite along with it.

There are ways to connect to it from practically every language you can
think of.

And it even has the ability to create purely 'in memory' databases for
temporary configuration stuff.

I have used it on a Raspberry Pi to hold the station list in a home-brew
internet radio.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/