Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu May 9 20:54:30 EDT 2013

yes yes, you build computers. That insta-qualifies you to bash on things
you know nothing about. But here, I'll school you.

First, the fact that Windows gets viruses is a user issue, not a Windows
vs Linux issue. with UAC it's a lot harder and if the user runs as
something besides admin it's even harder still. Those "pesky popups"
come up because well, your pesky users are actually viewing porn with a
horrible browser. There are alternative solutions such as Firefox and
Chrome which are much better  suited to acting as a browser.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually finding keys that don't belong
there." If you were worth your weight in whatever people were paying you
for this random manual registry key removal, you would've used a
registry cleaner like CCleaner and been done with it. As to anti virus
solutions, I routinely install them for people and they still have the
resources to spare, funny enough. Perhaps you should've done more
research there as well.

--
Take care,
Ty