Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:41:34 EDT 2013

According to Littlefield, Tyler:
# yeah... totally. Now if you had any clue what you were talking about
# short of the usual windows bashing on a Linux list, we might actually be
# able to take you seriously.

My aren't we cranky today. Anyway, the stab at Microsoft was meant
mainly as a joke, but I do indeed have a clue what I'm talking about. I
build computers, and have tried doing technical support for Windows. I
gave it up in favor of only supporting Linux, because all I ended up
doing with Windows was figuring out how to clean viruses and spyware off
the systems I fixed and finding out why all those pesky Internet
Explorer pop-up ads for pornographic websites kept coming on the screen
in the middle of doing normal everyday tasks. I got pretty good at
manually finding keys in the Windows registry that didn't belong there
and stripping them out, only to have them come back again later, even
after thinking I had uninstalled the responsible application. I also got
very good at recommending antivirus and spyware removal software, but
not much else, since once all that mess was running, there weren't much
system resources left to do any real work. BTW, I can't stand offer
buddies and so-called web accelerators, none of which I find bundled in
any software I have ever installed on a Linux system.

Also, if you had bothered to read past my weak attempt at humor, you
would have been able to see that I recommended several viable options
that are better maintained and more stable than Voxin, and even sound
better than either Voxin or eSpeak, but you were too busy trying to
figure out how not to take me seriously simply because of half of a
sentence, completely disregarding the rest of my post. This type of
cherrypicking is usually counterproductive, and generally only helps the
person toward whom you have decided to show undue hostility.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"