Mailbox management

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Jan 15 18:03:20 EST 2013

Tony Baechler  <speakup at linux-speakup.org> wrote:
>The more modern way of doing things is
>Maildir which has several advantages.  Postfix, Qmail and probably Exim4 all
>support Maildir and I would recommend switching to it, especially if you get
>lots of mail.

I switchd to it quite a while ago and it certainly helps performance.

I am sure that Mutt can handle compressed mbox files too, so if they're
compressed with gzip for example you should just be able to open them in Mutt.
However, I think Maildir is a good direction to take these days and I agree
that Maildrop is a suitable tool with which to automate mail processing.