Mailbox management

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Jan 15 02:34:06 EST 2013

Well, there's Mozilla Thunderbird.  I've used it for years here on Windows,
but it obviously runs on Linux as well.  There is also notmuch and various
mail filters.  Since the mbox files are plain text, you should be able to
use plain old cat to combine them.  The more modern way of doing things is
Maildir which has several advantages.  Postfix, Qmail and probably Exim4 all
support Maildir and I would recommend switching to it, especially if you get
lots of mail.  I get literally hundreds of messages per day and the mbox
format is much, much slower.  Write me if you need help with this.  On
Debian, searching for "mbox" or "mailbox" should yield lots of results.  Of
course Mutt will let you save single or multiple messages to separate mailboxes.