Alpine remembering passwords

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sat Jan 5 15:40:25 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:53:51AM -0500, Robert Spangler wrote:
> Finally, do Speakup users in general like Alpine or do you guys
> prefer something else like Mutt? I used Mutt a long long time ago so
> I can't remember if it was easier to use than Alpine or not.

I use mutt, and have done so since I first started doing mail under
GNU/Linux in late 2000 or so. As for if it's easier than alpine, I
don't know, since I never had a reason to not want to use mutt. Since
alpine replaces pine, I can tell you I used pine on systems on which
mutt wasn't available, and found myself wishing for mutt every
time. I'm not sure if that's because I was already used to mutt, or if
there was a deeper reason for my preferring mutt over pine. HTH
somewhat.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net