Alpine remembering passwords

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jan 5 12:08:48 EST 2013

Well Robert, while I cannot answer all your good questions, I can say in the
pine or alpine config, you can display only those items you really want to
hear, such as in my config, this line:
msgno date from subject(75%)
Back again live, I make more room for longer subjects, such as in usenet.  I
have no date or time displayed unless I hit "h" for headers.  I login to a
remote shell-and-likewise have similar backspace issues, but can hear items in
a shell prompt.  In both these related pines you can fool around changing
foreground-and-background colors and reverse some items.  Hope that helps
Hart