Alpine remembering passwords

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 11:53:51 EST 2013

Hello all, how can I get Alpine to remember my GMail passwords so it
doesn't ask me when I start the program and when I send mail?
A couple more questions:
1.  When I backspace while typing a message, Speakup does not speak what
I'm removing--it just stays silent.  I have it set to cursering mode.
2.  How do I get it to hide the headers at the top, like date, from, etc
when I'm reading mail...When I'm hitting d to delete a message, for
instance, I just want to see who it's from and then have it read the body
of the message.
Finally, do Speakup users in general like Alpine or do you guys prefer
something else like Mutt? I used Mutt a long long time ago so I can't
remember if it was easier to use than Alpine or not.
  Thanks,
Robby