speakup, audio solutions

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 2 10:44:18 EST 2013

I'm no expert in this area but don't you guys worry that you are trying
to hold back the ocean with a teaspoon?  You can't fight the march of
technology. If pulse is the wave of the future, I would tend to want to
get started working with it rather than tossing it aside.

I just started working with sonar linux last week. I put it on my backup
desktop at work. In my limited testing up to this point, it seems to be
rock solid. I plan to continue trying it on my backup workstation at
work and on my machine at home for a few more days before converting
the machine I use to earn my bread and beer.

I can understand an attitude of saying that you need to postpone an
upgrade because the technology just isn't there yet. That's why I'm
typing this message on a machine still running debian squeeze.  But as
soon as I am sure I can switch to a newer distro that works, I'm doing it.